TECO: Free energy and money saving program | Environment
Tampa, Florida-- TECO announces a new Neighborhood Weatherization Program intended to help low-income families save energy and money.
TECO says they have created the, "innovative new program to install energy-saving items in thousands of low-income homes at no cost to homeowners," and that utilizing the measures could save residents, " more than $100 a year."
The program begins this month with about 300 homes in the Sulphur Springs community. The free program can include (valued at about $700):
- Energy-efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Weather stripping for windows and doors
- An insulated wrap for water heaters
- Low- flow showerheads and aerators and more
- Some homes also may qualify for free ceiling insulation and duct sealing